Jonathan Woy is an experienced litigator with a practice focused on complex product liability matters and commercial litigation. Though he is physically located in the firm’s Philadelphia office, Mr. Woy is routinely involved with litigation in state and federal courts across the country.
Mr. Woy has successfully represented a wide variety of international and domestic manufacturers in product liability matters involving allegations of personal injury, death, and property damage. Products defended include medical devices, pharmaceuticals, sporting goods, industrial products, aerial lifts, cranes, and consumer products.
Mr. Woy’s commercial litigation practice ranges from traditional disputes arising from commercial transactions to construction and insurance coverage litigation. He has experience representing pharmaceutical manufacturers in disputes ranging from breach of supply agreements and other contracts to trade secret disputes and environmental litigation.
Mr. Woy routinely publishes on developing issues in his practice areas. He recently developed and presented a continuing legal education seminar discussing Pennsylvania’s application of Comment k of the Restatement (Second) of Torts to strict liability claims made against pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers. Mr. Woy has been recognized as a Super Lawyer Rising Star annually since 2019.
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- State of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D. cum laude
- Temple International and Comparative Law Journal, Research Editor
- Temple Moot Court Honor Society, Executive Board Member
- Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania, B.S. cum laude
- Pennsylvania’s Erosion of the Fair Share Act in Products Liability Cases, The Legal Intelligencer – Products Liability Supplement, January 2022.
- The Case for Application of Comment k to Manufacturing Defect Claims, The Legal Intelligencer, May 2021
- Tincher at 5 Years Old: A vision Partially Realized, The Legal Intelligencer, January 2019
- After Nearly 100 Years, the Frye Standard Still Has Some Teeth, Counterpoint, PDI, January 2018
- Speaker, Comment k and Pennsylvania Products Liability Law, CLE, Jenkins Law Library, August 2021